Quoted the world’s smallest All-In-One Inkjet Printer by HP, the HP DeskJet InkAdvantage 3700 is an ultra-budget-multi-function photo printer designed for price conscious consumers. It has all the feature found on a modern multifunction printer – it has print, scan and copy capabilities and offer easy printing from Facebook, Instagram, Flickr and also supports direct printing from your smartphone’s camera roll with HP Social Media Snapshots application.
Design And Features
On the outside, the DeskJet 3700 series printer is an attractive machine, mainly due to its bright blue and white chassis which took cues from HP’s Chromebook range from three years ago. It’s cute and pretty, although it won’t suit those who want understated printers that can be easily hidden away.
Papers are fed from a pull-up tray at the back and out to a pull-out tray at the front – more similar of an Epson machine, unlike most HP printers.
Unlike typical desktop all-in-ones, the DeskJet 3700 is a lot shallower as it is built with a sheet-feed scanner, rather than a flatbed. Papers are fed in from the front and come to rest on the top of the paper stack over at the back in the rear feed tray.
This built however, isn’t ideal as the paper guide, the one responsible to align the page you’re scanning, is short, therefore making it a tougher job to get a sheet in completely square. This ultimately results in a crooked copy and more often, a black bar on your copy, where a bleeding has occurred around the edge of the scanned document where the scan light is.
As for switching cartridges, it’s all easy access where the front cover folds down to reveal both the twin ink and head cartridges, black on one hand, and tri-color on the other.
At the rear of the printer is a single USB port, but connecting it through your Wi-Fi network would seem to be a go-to option these days when wireless connectivity has been integrated into everyone’s life. By connecting with wireless connectivity, you will also gain access to extra print facilities through HP’s new app in both Android and iOS operating systems which automatically recognizes the printer and make photo printing a breeze.
The DeskJet 3700 printers are rate at 8.0ppm mono and 5.5ppm color. In a particular test we ran, the printer manages to clock a 3.8ppm on our 5-page mono text document with an increased to 4.4ppm on the 20-page test. The results are below satisfactory however, as a 5-page text and color graphics print only gaves us 1.1ppm, around 20% of the rated output.
Similar results were also reflected in both copy and photo print times, where it took 1 minute 21 seconds for a single-page color copy and a 15 x 10cm photo took 2 minutes and 30 seconds from an Android phone while a whopping 4 minutes 22 seconds were clocked when printed from a USB-connected PC. Mind you, this is not a quick machine but, it’s enough to get you through your daily document output.
Quality wise, it’s pretty good as you might expect from HP, but not without a few hiccups where there’s feathering of black and reversed text and white on black is a lil’ bit indistinct. Photo prints on the other hand, are clear and spot-on in the color department, and just as good with pastel landscapes as vivid portraits.
If your daily task only requires you to print a consistent number each month, you’d be better of to consider HP’s Instant INK subscription service, which brings the printing cost to a minimum of 4 pages per mono or color page (paper included). This will fare well with most machines in a similar price range, especially when your prints include a lot of color.
Highlights And Specifications
- HP Scroll Scan helps you easily handle most scan jobs, from plain paper to stiff media.
- Wirelessly print, scan, and copy what you need quickly and easily with this affordable all-in-one.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet directly to your printer, and easily print without a network.
- Scan any object on the go with the HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app for your smartphone or tablet.
- Dimensions: 15.86 x 6.97 x 5.55 mm; Weight: 2.33kg
- Print Speed – Black (ISO): Up to 8 ppm; Color (ISO): Up to 5.5 ppm First Page Out Black: As fast as 15 sec; First Page Out Color: As fast as 18 sec; Black (Draft): Up to 19 ppm; Color (Draft): Up to 15 ppm
- Scan Resolution – Hardware: Up to 600 x 1200 dpi; Optical: Up to 600 dpi
- Copy Speed – Black (ISO): Up to 4 cpm; Color (ISO): Up to 2.5 cpm
- Copy Resolution – Black (text and graphics): Up to 600 x 300 dpi; Up to 600 x 300 dpi; Color (text and graphics): Up to 600 x 300 dpi
- Duty Cycle – Monthly, letter: Up to 1000 pages
- Paper Handling – 60-sheet input tray; 25-sheet output tray
- Connectivity – Hi-Speed USB 2.0, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
The HP DeskJet InkAdvantage 3700 Printers are pretty subjective actually, but if your main requirement is just occasional printing with a little scanning and photo printing here and there, the 3700 might just be what you need without costing you a fortune. Priced at a low of only RM379, the HP DeskJet InkAdvantage 3700 is a small-format Multi-Function Printer that does everything at the cost of time. Check it out below for more information.
For more selection of products ranging from your daily necessities to office equipment, visit atoz2u.com. Our live chat support is there to answer any queries & help with choosing the best product based on your needs.